Driving Instructor Course in SA
Welcome to the Driving Instructor Course in SA (Adelaide) -> TLI41221 – Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport – Car Driving Instruction). This certificate is a nationally recognised qualification under the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF).
It includes the performance of a broad range of skilled applications including requirements to evaluate and analyse current practices, to develop new criteria and procedures for performing current practices, and to provide some leadership and guidance to others in applying skills and planning skill development.
This qualification is currently cited as meeting part of the requirements for certification as a Motor Vehicle Driving Instructor, as defined by relevant state/territory licensing and regulatory requirements.
The following information pertains to South Australia only. If you are not looking for the Driving Instructor Course in SA, please click here and select your state or territory.
An initial deposit of $1500 is required for this course. The remaining balance will be paid just before the commencement of practical training.
Please note that a friendly local trainer with over 12 years of experience will provide the practical training in Adelaide.
How to Apply
Step 1: Meet the following requirements
- Hold a current South Australian driver’s licence
- Have held an unconditional car licence for a minimum of two years with no disqualifications in that time
- Have held an Australian licence, or a licence from an approved country, for four years with no disqualifications in that time
Step 2: Complete the TLI41221 – Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport – Car Driving Instruction)
Step 3: Demonstrate an understanding of the Australian Road Rules by completing the Road Rules Theory Test for Driving Instructors
Step 4: Complete the “Application for motor driving instructor’s licence”. This form can be found by clicking here.
Step 5: Take the documents listed below to your local Service SA customer service centre
- A resume with employment references
- A current national police check (no more than three months old)
- A current Working with Children Check (WWCC) or a statutory declaration
- A medical and eyesight certificate for all licence classes
- Proof of identity
- A certified copy of a current Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport – Car Driving Instruction)
- Evidence of successfully passing the road rules theory test
- Completed “Application for motor driving instructor’s licence”
Step 6: Complete the Regulator Assessment. More information regarding this assessment can be found by clicking here.
NOTE: Your application is unlikely to be accepted if you have:
- Been convicted of any sexual, fraud, financial, violent, drug-related or theft offences
- A history of driving offences, licence disqualifications or suspensions.
This information is accurate at the time of the publication and can change at any time without notice by the regulator. We strongly encourage you to check the regulator’s website for the most up-to-date information by clicking on the More Details button.