Driving Instructor Course in SA
Welcome to the Driving Instructor Course in SA (Adelaide) -> TLI41222 – Certificate IV in Motor Vehicle Driver Training (Specialisation Group A – Car). This certificate is a nationally recognised qualification under the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF).
This qualification defines the skills and knowledge required for road transport trainers who will be training individuals or groups in cars, heavy vehicles or motorcycles. This qualification is not for the public to gain a driver’s licence.
Job roles and titles vary across different sectors. Possible job roles relevant to this qualification include:
- car driving trainer
This qualification meets part of South Australia’s licensing and regulatory requirements for certification as a Motor Vehicle Driver Trainer. Please refer to the “How to Apply” section for further information regarding other requirements.
The following information pertains to South Australia only. If you are looking for something other than the Driving Instructor Course in SA, please click here and select your state or territory.
An initial deposit of $1500 is required for this course. The remaining balance must be paid before the commencement of practical training.
Please note that a friendly local trainer with over 12 years of experience provides practical training in Adelaide.
How to Apply
Step 1: Meet the following requirements
- Hold a current South Australian driver’s licence
- Have held an unconditional car licence for a minimum of two years with no disqualifications in that time
- Have held an Australian licence, or a licence from an approved country, for four years with no disqualifications in that time
Step 2: Complete the TLI41222 – Certificate IV in Motor Vehicle Driver Training
Step 3: Demonstrate an understanding of the Australian Road Rules by completing the Road Rules Theory Test for Driving Instructors
Step 4: Complete the “Application for motor driving instructor’s licence”. This form can be found by clicking here.
Step 5: Take the documents listed below to your local Service SA customer service centre
- A resume with employment references
- A current national police check (no more than three months old)
- A current Working with Children Check (WWCC) or a statutory declaration
- A medical and eyesight certificate for all licence classes
- Proof of identity
- A certified copy of a current Certificate IV in Motor Vehicle Driver Training
- Evidence of successfully passing the road rules theory test
- Completed “Application for motor driving instructor’s licence”
Step 6: Complete the Regulator Assessment. More information regarding this assessment can be found by clicking here.
NOTE: Your application is unlikely to be accepted if you have:
- Been convicted of any sexual, fraud, financial, violent, drug-related or theft offences
- A history of driving offences, licence disqualifications or suspensions.
This information is accurate at the time of publication and can change at any time without notice by the regulator. We strongly encourage you to check the regulator’s website for the most up-to-date information by clicking on the More Details button.