Driving Instructor Course in QLD
Welcome to the Driving Instructor Course in QLD (Brisbane) -> TLI41221 – Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport – Car Driving Instruction). This certificate is a nationally recognised qualification under the Australian Qualification Framework (AQF).
It includes the performance of a broad range of skilled applications including requirements to evaluate and analyse current practices, to develop new criteria and procedures for performing current practices, and to provide some leadership and guidance to others in applying skills and planning skill development.
This qualification is currently cited as meeting part of the requirements for certification as a Motor Vehicle Driving Instructor, as defined by relevant state/territory licensing and regulatory requirements.
The following information pertains to Queensland only. If you are not looking for the Driving Instructor Course in QLD, please click here and select your state or territory.
We are currently waiting for approval from Department of Transport and Main Roads to provide this course in Queensland. In the meantime, you may complete the TLI41221- Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport – Car Driving Instruction) from another state and then contact Department of Transport and Main Roads to convert your Instructor Licence.
How to Apply
Step 1: Application conditions listed below must be met
- Must hold a valid open driver licence issued in Australia or New Zealand for the class of vehicle for which the applicant wishes to provide training
- Have held the licence for a continuous period of at least 1 year immediately prior to making the application
Step 2: Must pass the traffic and criminal history checks
Step 3: Possess a suitability card (blue card) issued by the Queensland Public Safety Business Agency. For more information, please visit www.bluecard.qld.gov.au.
Step 4: Complete the TLI41221 – Certificate IV in Transport and Logistics (Road Transport – Car Driving Instruction)
Step 5: Obtain approval from the Chief Executive of Department of Transport and Main Roads
- You may be granted interim industry authority once the Chief Executive has decided to grant the accreditation. Until your card arrives in the mail, this interim industry authority will serve as proof that you are a driver trainer industry authority holder.
NOTE: Your application is unlikely to be accepted if you have:
- been convicted of any drug, alcohol, traffic and criminal related or theft offences
- a history of driving offences, licence disqualifications or suspensions.
This information is accurate at the time of the publication and can change at any time without notice by the regulator. We strongly encourage you to check the regulator website for the most up-to-date information by clicking on the More Details button.